Jul 26, 2011

Forever


Maggie Stiefvater
Rilke said:
For among these winters there is one so endlessly winter
That only by wintering though it will your heart survive.
This is the final story in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.  It continues the story of Grace, Sam, Shelby, Isabel and Cole.  Grace and Sam are continually dealing with things that interfere with their relationship.  At the end of Linger, there was an obstacle that continues into Forever.  Sam is trying to find Grace.  Cole is trying to find a cure.  Isabel is trying to stay away until Grace returns.  The wolves are threatened after a body is found that looks like the wolves had caused the death.  Help comes from the most unsuspecting places and strength comes from the most unsuspecting people.

Grace – This is possibly the worst thing I’ve ever done, shut my girlfriend in my bathroom.  But we didn’t know what else to do with you until you shifted.  I put your clothing in here.  Door’s not locked so you can just open it soon as you have fingers.  I can’t wait to see you. – S
The Goodreads synopsis:

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.
When we kissed, it didn’t matter that I had been a wolf hours ago, or that I would be a wolf again.  It didn’t matter that a thousand snares were laid for us as soon as we left this moment.  All that mattered was this: our noses touching, the softness of his mouth, the ache inside me.
This book was easy to get into. Having read Shiver and Linger and LOVED them, it was hard to see the series end.  I love the action in the book.  It is never without something happening that keeps you on the edge of your seat.  I laughed, I cried.  This book made me experience all sorts of emotions.  I couldn’t ask for more in a novel. 
“I’m always sure of what I do,” he said. “Sometimes I was just never sure there was supposed to be a happy ending.”
I found one alternate cover for this book.  As usual, I like the UK cover better than the US cover.










I was against felonies when a misdemeanor would do.

UPCOMING BOOKS
October 18th

Goodreads synopsis:

It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my reviews. Please leave a link to let me know who you are!